Monday, March 26, 2007

10: Writing is...

Notice the networking allowed for by these two "texts." Both are forms of "graffiti," illicit forms of writing or art. Do you consider this writing? Why wouldn't you? Image from the Flickr account of AliciaYeah by Creative Commons License.


Image from the Flickr account of AliciaYeah by Creative Commons License.

Last week I attended a very interesting presentation given by professors from Michigan State. The scholars conducted a study in which students were asked, for a considerable amount of time, to journal all writing that they did. For Friday (I've extended the deadline), I ask you to for one whole day (24hrs this week), keep a record of all the writing you engage in. Then compose a blog describing all the forms of writing you engaged in: text messaging, instant messaging, graffiti writing, paper writing, taking notes, making grocery lists, filling out forms, etc. Please attempt to be accurate in capturing all forms.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Designs