Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blog Assignment 4: Commercial Rhetorical Analysis



As most of us likely know, especially given the regional location of Fort Wayne, I.E. between Chicago and Indianapolis, this weekend the fantastic, wonderful, amazing, once a year day we all eagerly anticipate is upon us. Yes folks, I'm talking about best commercial in the world day. (Also known to some sports fans as Superbowl Sunday--when they got the notion it was about sports, I couldn't tell ya.) Nevertheless, because we look to these commercials in our country for their powerful scholarly, economical, cultural, and entertainment guidance I ask you to conducting a brief analysis of 1 commercial. You should complete the following tasks:

1) Pick a commercial. Searching Google Video for "Commercials" is one way to find what you're looking for.

2) Once you've done this, find the title or description for the video, and search for it in youtube. Or just search youtube for "commercials."

3) Add the link by embeding it. To accomplish this step: In youtube look for the "Embed" information. Highlight it and copy it. Paste it into your "posting screen" (the place where your write your posts when you publish them to your blog). I have provided a screen capture, as you'll notice in bottom right corner is the blue highlighted information that you'll want to gather yourself.



4)Provide a brief analysis (one to two sentences) for purpose, audience, context, author, what it says about society, how it applies to ethos, logos, and pathos, and if you have additional aspects that you feel are worthy of discussing.

I consider this week's assignment of vital interest to national strategical importance because many Americans will surely leap from their lay-z-boys, and in a fit of zombie possessedness, run to their local centers of commerce, only to purchase these life altering and products, in turn rescuing our plummeting economy from recession and doom: I know I certainly wish I had bought a Sprint phone, as my Verizon phone did not come with the crime deterrent feature. Although I'm sure they would've whacked me an extra 10-20 bucks a month for this great and must have feature.

1 comments:

josh tucker said...

hey teach.... alright wasnt really sure how you wanted me to email you that website i was telling you about today so i will just leave it on here for everyone. Its a work cited website that helps me out its:
www.noodletools.com


Josh Tucker


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Designs