Last week, as you all likely noticed. I did not post an assignment: Figured a little break, one week, was in order to recuperate from the lengthy research paper.
For this week I ask you to visit the link below: consider what Dr. Kress has to say about multimodality and affordances. Then find a symbol used to represent something within our culture and explain why the symbol is effective or not. For instance, consider the State flag. How is this constructed to carry special meaning? What special meanings are present within the elements of the image? What is pictured? Why are there 19 stars? Why is one bigger? Is the mode in which the message presented the most effective way or conveying that message?
Again, don't analyze the state flag I've provided: find an image on the web that you think you'd like to discuss in 150 words.
All the best,
tra
Sunday, April 8, 2007
11/12: Modality and Afforadances
Posted by tim at 9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
what link do you want us to click on?
Post a Comment